After a couple of months of development, PrimeDeals4U has launched. This blog will serve as a temporary redirection until the Flux design and development website is setup.
This is a small parser I wrote which is linked to the Google weather API, I’m releasing the source in case anyone needs an example to work off because when I first started I really couldn’t find enough information to get the SAX parser to work properly (especially a clean example).
The following images are of an android app I developed while working at a software development company, It’s currently being used at a high profile beach in Cyprus.
Note: App name and logo blurred for obvious reasons.
Phew, that was a long period of inactivity but I’ve finally returned!
I’ve been revising a project I worked on some time ago (Patient Manager). I’ll be posting new screenshots and some info in the next few days.
This year marked the first year that the ImagineCup was featured in Cyprus. Being a code monkey I joined up with a few friends and we tried to tackle the worlds toughest problems and come up with a solution. We chose ending global hunger as our problem and our proposed solution was featured in a local newspaper article along with some additional info about the team.
Use a .NET language that runs on any type of windows platform, preferably windows phone 7 and windows azure. We chose to develop a web application using ASP.NET and VB.NET. As a database back-end we used MS SQL to store various organization data.
A data consortium, whose mission would be to unite various organizations that seek to help the poor and hungry on a global scale. Our web application would bring together all these organizations and have them all work through one and only one database which held all the data from every one of them and therefore leading to a massive database of information such as people who need help, people that have been helped and by who, etc. Additionally our project would also provide various researchers and new organizations to be able to receive relative world hunger related data and thus eliminating the need to waste a large amount of time to be able to get started on their way to helping people.
We didn’t win, but it was a great experience nonetheless. The primary problem was that we only had two weeks to get something up and running where as the other universities had six months.
NOTE: Below is a rough translation of the greek article that was posted, I used google translate to do it because I don’t have enough time to translate word to word. alternatively if you’re of a greek decent you can checkout the article directly at Kathimerini
Group: EUC-CSE, European University Cyprus
Members: Charalambos Theodorou, Panagiotis Verropoulos, Sozos Michaelides, Savvas Savvides
Mentor: Dr. George Stylianou
The team of the European University of Cyprus tried to create a web application that promotes solidarity among different organizations, but also attempt to provide assistance to poor people suffering from hunger. Their goal was all agencies to join their page and upload their data and data for people who experience famine, poverty, etc. In this way, all agencies will have access to only a huge database, sharing their data with other agencies and achieving to offer immediate assistance to those in need. Also, new organizations could join the page and by doing that they will have access to the global database, saving valuable time and resources that would be needed to establish their own separate database.
Shaders!, now go and compare my old editor screen shot on the project page and tell me what looks better!, even though the lack of documentation on the new SDK is ahem.. “lacking” I’m willing to take the risk and jump into it and hopefully achieve much more than what I did with the previous editor. R3D using the TV3D 6.5 SDK will also be renamed. More to follow soon ;)
The above screen shot utilizes Zaknafein’s shader which was modified by Lenn, it can be found with the full source code on the TV3D forums, stay tuned!
R3D development using the TV3D SDK 6.3 is now at an official halt. I’ve just started working with the new SDK(6.5) and it’s much more feature rich hence why I’m stopping the development with the old SDK. I won’t be porting the application but instead re-writing it because I’ve made quite a few wrong decisions with the whole code structure. Stay tuned for updates on R3D.